DiViNE EViL DiViNE EViL: Postprandial Activities

DiViNE EViL

Friday, November 23, 2007

Postprandial Activities

Not much has happened recently, but there is nothing much to expect; I am not an outgoing person anyway. However, there are a few stories I would share...

First is about me getting pwned. By a Primary school boy, no less. Yeah so this guy and his family came to our house for dinner a week ago (his father was my father's friend) and though he was as usual as any boy would be as he was probably familiar to us, but previous times saw chaos and irritation. Not to mention his personal life. Apparently, his family is 'afraid' of him and gives in to him. It is his character to determine what he wants is what he gets. Alright so this is not really a special trait, I know sometimes people are troublesome...but this is taking it one step further. From 'okay' to 'pro'.

Not only his family is afraid of him, his school is too. Yes, his school. Not his teachers, not the principal, but EVERYTHING together. When he says "I need my sleep and I will come to school at 1000 hours even though it starts at 0800" he gets it. And despite this claim causing inconvenience between his family and the principal, they finally gave in to him. So there it goes. He goes to school a few hours late, every school day.

Now this...this kind of plan never even vaguely materialised in my brain, let alone say when I was in primary school. Yet this trait of confidence, or adamant nature, may determine his rise or fall. He has a strong ambition: to become a businessman, and I dare not deny it becoming true. Yet I have a hunch that, even as childhood friends, the way he operates in his life may not be in my preferance. The power will become too strong...to be good.

So after a story of 'strength' we come to a story of 'destiny'. Well, more luck than destiny actually.

My father is an avid tennis player...he is nearly the best in the whole Dairy Farm Estate, except for one person whom my father admits his power. This person is also quite rich (rich enough to buy a USD $17,000 BICYCLE). He always has meetings because...hm I'm not sure of his profession (pardon my ignorance).

So he was having this dinner at this club. He and his wife stayed for quite long because there was a lucky draw in the end, in which the prize was a pair of tickets to watch a exhibition tennis match of Federer and Sampras (which had just finished yesterday), one who is the top tennis player, and one who was a top tennis player. Of course watching two of these top players play against each other would be a treat. It included travel and accommodation fees anyway. However, they did not win the prize, so they left in their car.

Now this guy was already driving out of the club when he suddenly said he wanted to go to the toilet. Not only that, but although it was urgent, it wasn't big business (ahem). When his wife was telling us the story she said this was most unusual. Usually he would go to the toilet before leaving anyway.

So he drove back and went to the toilet, while his wife waited in the car. When he was in the toilet, he heard an announcement that the winner of the prize wasn't free on that day and decided not to take the prize. This was also unusual, as if you had won a prize, but can't use it, you would might as well give it to your family and friends instead. But this guy didn't accept the prize at all (perhaps because he was a cricket player anyway), and there would be a redraw for the prize. So the guy went back, and after the new draw, he won the prize. Well what I know, I haven't so much luck before.

As for the title of this post, I got that from Dictionary.com's 'word of the day'. 'Postprandial' means 'of something after a meal, especially dinner' and I hope I'm using it right here...as after dinner, I played tennis (ironically?) and well...typed this post.

Ha ha.
JLam posted this at 23:31

0 Comments:

Add a comment

>